READER REPLIES: Digital room correction

Here is where you, our readers, can comment on matters of mutual interest.

A1:If DSD is the best technology for recording music I do not see any reason for not converting any music from an analog source to digital. And thus getting all benefits from today’s advanced DSP technologies. I personally convert my analog sources since 2010 using my TacT/LYNGDORF (company‘s claim: “The future is digital”) and activating the internal DSP/equalizer function. However I see the problem with PS Audio’s dogma for a pure DSD chain not allowing any conversion to PCM for any digital equalization!

---// --

A2: To use DSP to “correct your room”, currently you need a separate DSP device with a calibrated microphone to listen to and “measure” your room’s acoustics. Then it equalizes your system’s output to make the corrections. But why would you want to take a perfectly wonderful all analog signal and convert it to digital??


A3: I read about an integrated amp that is the same size as the Sprout.
But my problem with that other integrated amp, forget the fact that it’s class D.
And forget the fact that it has the same power output as the Sprout.
And also, forget the fact that, it can do everything that the Sprout does.
Here is the question.
Would you want to buy a Sprout for $699?
Or, would you want to buy this other class D integrated amp that does the same thing as the Sprout, and pay 20 times the amount that Paul is charging for the Sprout?
If it was left up to me, I would buy a Sprout from Paul and save a lot of money.
Sure the Sprout may not do network streaming, but why would you want that in the same chassis, when you know, that that creates some sonic problems?
And it’s a lot of trouble to get that amp up and running?
With Paul’s Sprout, you just hook your speakers and audio sources up to it, and you’re ready to rock!
Paul, if I’m wrong, then please correct me.
That other integrated amp that I’m talking about, you’ll find an article about it, in March/April issue of Sound And Vision.
Or you can go to:
to read about it.


Leave a Reply