Four viewer opinions:
- The DRUMS in this song, along with the rest of it make it another timeless WHO CLASSIC !!!
- excellent, simply excellent, i'm speechless!
- truly incredible daltrey vocals
- was at this concert, in SF, 14 years old, flat against the stage on Pete's side, 15 feet from his HiWatts. Literally changed my life.
Here’s Pete really loosing his temper with parts of the audience. Possibly rightly so. I have many live versions of this track and this is the most exciting one. PT was never more compelling than when:
- he was hoping mad
- using an SG with twin P-90s into ...
- highly modified (mid-range distortion boost) Hi-Watt 100-watt heads driving
- multiple 4 x 12 cabinets
Just listen to those demolition power chords; my phrase incidentally! No foot pedals. Little if any effects. As an aside, I saw them a few weeks earlier at The Rainbow. This youtube clip captures the sound as I remember it after all these years. I saw them 17 times subsequently.
They remain the ultimate power trio plus one power vocalist. The sound pressure level was like a physical assault. Predominantly a bloke audience it was, in a sense, a curious sort of belonging; curious because I never consciously join anything. And yet somehow …… Truth be told they were in my late teenage years and early manhood the ultimate trip for me. I miss them.