Each AK380 casing is milled from a solid, 1.7Kg block of copperwhich is then hand finished and coated in a four-stage process that prevents oxidization and produces a brushed-metal finish. The player is completed by a carbon-fibre backing, and comes with a V1 leather case.
Only 500 units of the AK380 Copper will be available worldwide, at a price of £3299 each. The UK’s allocation will be available from select audio stockists, and Astell&Kern’s Amazon UK page, from late January.
The AK380 offers the same spec as the standard AK380 player, including dual 32bit DACs, advanced jitter reduction and native DSD playback. The AK380 Copper can also be used with the range of AK380 accessories, including the headphone amp module that neatly slides onto the player.
- VCXO Clock reduces jitter to 0.2 picoseconds
- 32bit/384kHz Dual-DAC design; Bit to Bit playback
- Native DSD playback
- Balanced Output.
- 256GB of internal memory plus microSD for further expansion (384GB+)
- Wi-fi connectivity enables easy network streaming: wirelessly stream to and from player
- Download music direct to player via wi-fi; firmware updates via wi-fi.
- Use AK380 as ‘remote control’ for AK500 system
- 4in touch screen
- Higher-capacity battery
- Genuine copper casing with carbon-fibre back
- Comes with bespoke V1 Leather case
- Optional headphone amp module; CD ripper and desktop dock