We are informed ....
This multi-format career retrospective is being released to celebrate his 50th Anniversary signing to ABC-Paramount Records in 1962. Leading the way with a 10 CD, 194 track collection chronicling his entire career from his first recordings in 1949 through to his most recent studio album. Housed in a beautiful deluxe box including a 72 page silver gilded hardback book, featuring essays from Ashley Kahn and Dick Shurman. Also packed with glorious images and memorabilia, illustrating this incredible career. All lovingly assembled and engineered by the Grammy Award winning Bill Levenson and Andy Mckaie.
- Two CDs chronicling his early years on Bullet, Modern/RPM and Kent/Crown Records
- Eight CDs chronicling his recording achievements on ABC-Paramount, ABC Bluesway, ABC, ABC/Impulse, MCA and Geffen Records, as well as high profile collaborations
- Highlights include key recordings from every ABC/MCA/Geffen era album• Rare, non-album singles• Rare album tracks
- Previously unreleased recordings from his historic May 2, 1970 Carnegie Hall Concert • Rare “One Touch”
- EP tracks: • Collaborations with Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, U2,Elton John, Robert Cray, Etta James, Bonnie Raitt, Gary Moore, Bobby “Blue” Bland, and others.
- Packaging to feature career spanning photos and memorabilia, essays by noted authors Ashley Kahn and Dick Shurman, extensive recording credits