We are told .....
Wishbone Ash's The Vintage Years 1970-1991 is a limited deluxe 30 CD box set.
Authorised by all of the original band members, this beautifully packaged tribute to one of Britain’s finest Rock bands is loaded with rarities and memorabilia, and includes a lavish 156-page hardback book written by Classic Rock's Dave Ling.
A third of the collection features previously unheard and unreleased material.Strictly limited to 2500 copies, all discs have been remastered.
Along with copious extras - posters, poster book, 7" single and more - the set includes individually signed photos of each band member.
Released on Madfish, the label behind the award-winning Family, Steve Hillage and Small Faces box sets.
Founding member Martin Turner says, “We decided to give it all to the wonderful Pete Reynolds whom I believe has done a brilliant job of mixing and remastering a massive collection of work. It’s almost like having one’s whole musical life in one box. It certainly represents the most comprehensive Wishbone collection that I know of and I hope you enjoy it."
Andy Powell adds, "It’s truly amazing to look back at the musically fertile 1970s and 1980s and wonder at the sheer amount of incredible creative output from our band. We had great roots and a really strong blueprint for success. I feel blessed to have played my part in it all and I’m truly thankful that it’s set the course for my entire life and all the music that’s followed, as the band continues to live on into the 21st century.”
The contents of The Vintage Years box set include:
* Brand new cover artwork designed by Colin Elgie, the designer of the award-winning Live Dates sleeve artwork.
* All 16 studio albums, featuring bonus material including rare album outtakes, B-sides and 12 previously unreleased studio tracks, presented in mini-gatefold sleeves (three of the albums are currently out of print, Nouveau Calls, Here to Hear and Strange Affair).
* 8 previously unreleased live albums from 1973-1980 on 11 discs:
- Portsmouth Guildhall 1973 (2CD) from the Wishbone Four / Live Dates tour
- Southampton University 1973 from the Wishbone Four / Live Dates tour
- Edinburgh Usher Hall 1976 from the New England tour
- Marquee Club 1977 from the Front Page News tour
- Newcastle City Hall 1977 from the Front Page News tour
- Bournemouth Winter Gardens 1978 (2CD) from the No Smoke Without Fire tour
- Guildford Civic Hall 1980 (2CD) from the Just Testing tour
- Chelmsford Odeon 1980 from the Blowin' Free tour
* 3 original live albums: Live Dates, Live Dates Volume Two and Live in Tokyo.
* All music has been remastered from the original multitrack and ¼" tapes, sourced from Martin Turner and Andy Powell's personal collections, and from the Universal Music and Atlantic archives.
* A 156-page hardback book written by Classic Rock's Dave Ling, including personal photos, rare posters and flyers, a 2017 interview and collector's memorabilia.
* A 36-page poster book, covering the early years through to Here to Hear.
* 4 reproductions of original posters: Christmas at the Palace Dec 1973Live Dates European tour – Hamburg Musikhalle 1974Europe 1975 tourThe Front Page News tour – Empire Pool Wembley 1977.
* A facsimile MCA debut album promo pack.
* A 7" flexi disc for the single Blind Eye, the first of the 11 Japanese singles series.
* Individually signed photos of each band member.