The Complete Studio Recordings, plus 16-CD Box Set (LP-size) with 2 hardcover books (356-pages) in clothbound slipcase (28 x 28 x 6 cm)
If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry.'" (John Lennon)
- Every single and LP track, starting with a rare pre-CHESS single with Joe Alexander from 1954!
- All the celebrated and legendary CHESS singles and album cuts from 1955 to 1966 and from 1969 to 1974.
- All the MERCURY recordings, and the ATCO album. Every surviving alternate take is included as well.
- Classic Live Recordings from 1956 to 1972.
- Exclusive introduction by Sir Paul McCartney.
But there’s more!
Expatriate British photographer Bill Greensmith lives in St. Louis and a few years back he found the photo archive of Chuck Berry’s uncle, Harry Davis. Included are many previously unseen images of Chuck performing in St. Louis and hanging out with friends and family. In these images, Chuck is unguarded and relaxed. We also see him performing at blues nightspots in and around St. Louis before he was famous. These photos, included with this set in a high quality 104-page hardbound book, will open your eyes to Chuck Berry as you’ve never seen him.
Plus, there’s a definitive essay from Chuck’s biographer, Bruce Pegg, additional texts by Mike Snow und Roger Fairhurst, a comprehensive discography by Fred Rothwell, hundreds of published and unpublished photos, including several images made by respected French photographer Jean-Marie Perrier in 1964.
In other words, everything you want by Chuck Berry in one place!
The last word on the first name in Rock ‘n’ Roll.