They tell us .....
Designed by Allen Sides, the GRAMMY® Award-winning engineer, producer and mixer who founded Ocean Way Recording, the HR-3 monitor system is the culmination of almost 40 years of his experience designing high resolution studio speaker systems for his many studios and a wide variety of commercial installations, including George Lucas’ Skywalker Ranch scoring stage; Trevor Horn’s Sarm Studios in London; and Walt Disney’s Hollywood Records, as well as private installations for musical artists like Gwen Stefani, Dave Grohl and Beck.
The Ocean Way HR-3 (in addition to the HR-2) was deigned to bridge the gap between superb audiophile speakers and accurate professional studio monitors.
The two sides from 1k to 20k typically fall within 1dB of each other, creating absolute symmetry in regards to stereo imaging. The HR-3’s uniform dispersion, coupled with very smooth off-axis response from its 15-inch mid bass driver, allows for a very wide listening window, helping to eliminate the narrow “sweet spot” effect.
The HR-3’s twin 12-inch subwoofers also produce extended and detailed low end to 20Hz. The unit’s power handling is an impressive 800 Watts continuous for the twin sub bass woofers, 400 Watts continuous for the mid bass woofers and 100 Watts continuous (650 Hz and up) for the high frequency driver. The HR-3 is capable of producing a maximum SPL of over 110 db at six (6) feet, 20 to 20kHz.
- Frequency response +/- 2dB, 20Hz – 20kHz
- Symmetry between channels +/- 0.5 dB, 1k to 20kHz
- Maximum SPL – Over 110 dB at 6 feet, 20Hz to 20kHz
- Maximum Power Handling Capacity:
- High Frequency Driver Max 100 Watts continuous, 650 Hz and up. (Note: 1 watt in at 1k measured at 3 feet produces 108 dB)
- Mid Bass Woofer max 400 Watts continuous
- Twin Sub Bass Woofers max 800 Watts continuous
- High Frequency horn with a 90-degree by 40-degree dispersion has a 500Hz cutoff
- Crossover points: 650Hz and 80Hz, 18 dB per octave
- Component description:
- High Frequency driver has a 19,000 gauss magnetic structure and titanium diaphragm with aluminum voice coil, two-inch throat
- Mid Bass woofer is 15-inch and has an 11,000 gauss magnetic structure with an aluminum voice coil
- Sub Bass woofers are twin 12-inch and have 11,000 gauss magnetic structures
Weights and size:
- 305 lb, 28" width x 29" max depth x 46" height, each cabinet